Robert W. Bly’s Machine Learnings poses intriguing questions and then answers them in his mind-bending sci-fi stories and engaging science articles
Wilkes-Barre, PA, January 5, 2024 – In a new book, Machine Learnings, prolific author Robert W. Bly poses intriguing questions and then answers them in his mind-bending SF stories and engaging science articles:
- “Happy Anniversary, Uncle Roswell”—What if one of the aliens who crash landed in Roswell survived. Did he flourish – or live to regret it?
- “The Devil and Daniel Wexler”—What if the devil offered you a choice between keeping your own miseries—or trading them in for the woes of everyone else in the world.
- “The Lampreys of Innsmouth”—What if an inbred New Englander carried mutant genes capable of triggering a freakish metamorphosis.
- “What Does Not Break Us”—What if a doctor fails to save a patient – and the patient’s spouse takes it rather personally — with consequences for the luckless MD that go way beyond money and legal liability.
- “Deadman”—What if a mild-mannered CPA with a gambling addiction was murdered —and then came back to life, powered by mystic energies, to balance the book.
- What if a priest-turned-scientist set out to discover a new element and succeeded—but gained fame for a much more trivial development — inventing soda pop.
- And other weird tales of science fiction, science fact, and science speculation.
In this new collection, you can embark on a fascinating and fantastic journey of adventure through worlds of science fiction, science, and extraordinary landscapes. Machine Learnings takes you into the weird and wonderful, with a mosaic of narratives that defy convention as much as they spark the imagination.
Robert W. Bly is the author of more than 100 books including The Science Fictionary (Crystal Lake) and Freak Show of the Gods (Quill Driver). To order the new book Machine Learnings (ARIS Press, 148 pages, paperback, $16) on Amazon, visit: https://arisbooks.com/machinelearnings/amazon.
PDF version: Bly, Robert w – Machine Learnings – pr2024-01